Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Monday, July 25, 2011

A beginning!!!

I am so happy to say that, after almost exactly three months later, restoration has begun!!!  It's a little slow at the beginning.  Right now we have gotten the trim work down so the demo of the plaster and ceilings don't trash this beautiful 90 year old wood.
I'll admit that I got a little teary when I saw the guys taking the wood down.  The thought of all of the work ahead of us overcame me.  But Cainberly always intrigues me and I found myself drawn to the weight system within the window sashes.  90 year old weights for the window suspension...

So interesting to me.  The architecture of this house astounds me.  One more pic of the trim removed around the floors...

I'm off to sign a contract.  We've got lots of work to do.  Anyone want to come for a visit???

No comments: